Everything I’d initially designed, I’d finally built. And all was, well… not perfect. My storage was great for large materials, but I had a lot of small tools and materials that I needed to store, and I wanted to come up with a better solution for that.
While I’m painting I’ll often wipe my brush on a piece of paper to get rid of excess water or paint. There’s no logic to these brush strokes, they’re entirely random. It’s just something that I do, usually without looking. Now, I could throw that stuff away. But instead, starting now, I’m going to take photos of it and call it Accidental Art. Read more “Accidental Art – 24 Nov 2018”
Making the main desk was easy! It genuinely was. It was basically just a larger version of the storage space I’d already built. It did, however, take me over a month to put together because of the amount of work involved. Read more “How we got here (May 2018, part 1)”
I wanted to work on my main desk, but I did something else instead. I was still happy with my corner ‘box’ idea, but the walls in this room are viscious. I already made myself bleed several times just applying the pipe insulation. I couldn’t just put materials in that box and have them lean against that wall. It might damage my materials. I figured it would be better to solve that issue first.
For my main desk, I was pretty sure I couldn’t get a long-enough furniture panel upstairs, so I had it cut in half and planned to glue the two pieces back together once they were in the room. Here’s a free piece of advice to everyone else: don’t do that.
Before I was going to start building, I had to solve a power issue. The room only has one dual wall socket, which wasn’t going to be enough for the hobby room. Given the plans that I’d drawn up, it was in a really unfortunate position as well. I was going to have to add more sockets – a lot more. And I had to do it without drilling into the walls…